Driving traffic to a new blog is often easier said than done. You might think dropping your link anywhere & everywhere will do the trick – but 9 times out of 10 it won’t result in solid traffic.
What’s More Important? Quantity or Quality?
The problem is, when people talk about blog traffic, they usually talk about quantity. An uncomfortable truth about traffic quantity? It doesn’t matter what your traffic volume is.
Even if you were to get 1 million clicks through your links, your new blog will make a whopping zero dollars.
That’s right. Zero as in zilch, goose egg, nada.
Why? It’s the wrong kind of traffic.
You have to understand that when it comes to blogging, most of the time your income turns on the quality of your traffic.
In other words, quality over quantity. Sadly, too many bloggers out there are in a mad rush for traffic. They think that any hit will do and they’re wrong. Dead wrong.
How To Attract The Right Readers?
You have to attract the right traffic. When you build a custom audience with high quality materials, they will pull in other targeted readers. They become your loyal tribe members inviting people to “join the group.”
Once you’ve got the content, it all comes down to smart & targeted distribution. For example, if your blogging about tea cups, don’t visit a gaming niche to promote your content.
It’ll be a waste of time dropping a link there. In fact, you might even get banned.
Instead, I would go to other groups, forums, pages, and blogs that talk about the “tea” lifestyle. That’s where your blog would make the most sense and have the greatest impact.
The question here shouldn’t be, “How can I get more traffic on my blog?” The real question you should be asking is “How do I get the right traffic to my blog?”
Do you see the difference? The right topic focuses less on volume, and instead, focuses on quality.
Pursue quality first and everything else will fall into place.
How To Leverage Social Media?
It’s time to get active on social media…
- Share your page on Facebook, Reddit, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Forums etc.
- Invest in Facebook ads.
- Create a Facebook group and add relevant people to it.
- Go on relevant subreddits on Reddit and talk about your project
Using Twitter To Drive Traffic:
- Share the relevant content to your offer
- Use short and provocative Tweets.
- Use #Hashtags.
- Ask for Retweets.
- Use visually appealing images.
- Ask questions related to your topic.
- Promote your tweets.
- Include a link in your bio.
- Follow relevant pages and people to start building your community with conversation.
Using Instagram To Drive Traffic:
- Know your audience.
- Add link to your bio.
- Invest in Instagram Ads
- You can also add Instagram ads to Facebook ad campaigns through both Ads Manager.
- Place Call-To-Action on your images.
- Include URL in your videos.
- Use Instagram stories to drive traffic from Instagram.
Using Email Marketing
- Create catchy & interesting headlines.
- Give away valuable information or entertainment in the email.
- Lead the reader to your new post or a relevant piece of your content.
- You can use MailChimp for a free list up to 2,000 subscribers or Gumroad for an infinite list size.
Using Landing Pages
- Build a landing page that promises something appealing to get people to sign up, such as early bird discounts etc.
- You can use social media to drive traffic to your landing page.
- The goal of the landing page will be to get people to sign up and create your email list.
- For creating affordable landing pages, you can try Carrd.
There are also ways you can improve your blog posts for better organic traffic from search engines like Bing & Google:
- Write the relevant content about your’s post and earn backlinks on relevant websites.
- SEO, which is great but time-consuming.
- Pay for Google Adwords (a little expensive and time-consuming).
- Reach out to influencers through YouTube, Instagram, and other social media platforms and let their audience know about your project.
Following every tip in this blog post will lead to higher traffic levels, viewers of higher quality, and soon enough, money in your pocket.