Its a sunny Sunday and you’ve just returned from swimming and now you are in a mood of having some seafood at home with your family or friends? If yes, then this might be the most helpful article for you because, in this article, I will tell you a dish that is very easy to prepare, take less time to cook than other seafood and will be loved by everyone. Yes, I am talking about the famous Garlic Butter Shrimp Scampi.
Garlic Butter Shrimp Scampi is one of the most loved seafood on the planet. No one can resist the deliciousness of juicy shrimp when infused with the rich flavors of butter, garlic, shallots, white wine, and lemon. Can you resist? I bet not.
If you have eaten Red Lobster’s Shrimp Scampi, then you must know that it is a perfect recipe for anyone because of the classic flavors of this classic dish that comforts the guest each and every single time.
So in this article, I will tell you how you can make the perfect Garlic Butter Shrimp Scampi at home. From ingredients to the recipe, you’ll find everything in this article.
How much time will it take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||20 Minutes||30 Minutes|
- Shrimp (peeled and deveined)- 1 1/2 pounds
- Olive Oil– 1/4 cup
- Butter– 1/2 cup
- Garlic Cloves- 4
- Shallot- 1
- Red Pepper Flakes- 1/4 tablespoon
- White Wine– 2 tablespoons
- Lemon Juice– 1 tablespoon
- Parmesan Cheese (Grated)
You will find all the ingredients that I’ve mentioned above from any of the supermarkets near your home.
Preparation Before Cooking
Here are some of the things that you need to do before going to the cooking process.
- De-shell all the lobster and use a paper towel to remove all the moisture from the shrimp
- Chops few sprigs of fresh parsley.
- Finely mince 3 large cloves of garlic
- Season your shrimp with salt and pepper to give it a little taste before cooking.
After doing all these things, you are 100% to move to the next step, which is cooking the Garlic Butter Shrimp Scampi.
Garlic Butter Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- Add butter and olive oil to a large iron-skillet and heat it.
- Then add garlic, shallot, and red pepper flakes and cook them gently for around 2 minutes.
- Then add shrimp to the iron-skillet and cook it for around 5 minutes. Do not add salt and pepper during this step because you’ve seasoned the shrimp with it during preparation.
- Stir in lemon juice or wine.
- Serve immediately with grated Parmesan cheese (if desired).
Note- You have to follow each and every step mentioned above to make your Garlic Butter Shrimp Scampi tasty and delicious.