Every year brings new challenges, and every year you should crush them. Learn what you can do in 2020 to take your business to new heights online…
1. Create Your Blog (Or Blog More!)
Blogging is one of the most efficient ways to boost engagement, drive traffic, and expand your reach.
- Every time you write a new article, it’s one more indexed page on your website, which is just another opportunity to show up in the search engines for organic traffic.
- Blogging further optimizes your website’s SEO by maximizing the number of visitors to your website. The complex algorithm that Google uses is based on the frequency of new content, the number of readers, & the value of the content.
- Each blog post can help strengthen your social media presence by adding to your social sharing schedule.
- A blog post that addresses common questions that readers and customers help establish greater authority amongst your community. This is extremely handy for sales and service professionals.
- Blogging drives long term results because most posts don’t even really become relevant until months into the process. Something you wrote a few months ago turns into website traffic today – evergreen baby!
2. Start Your YouTube Channel
You’ve been putting off a YouTube or a podcast for far too long. It’s about time you stop talking about what you want to do and pick up the skill – possibly before 2020.
Stop focusing on how you don’t “have time” and begin to plan on making time to get it done. Spending 20-30 minutes, once per week, is enough to create a video or podcast to share with your audience.
You can download an app on your phone for editing videos, and you can find free podcast options on the AppStore as well. Plus, if you’re no good at creating thumbnails or graphics, you can hire out on Fiverr or Upwork.
3. Add More Video Marketing
Video content is undeniably one of the best ways to spend your money on marketing.
If “content is king”, video content is the emperor.
Video content is booming more than ever (see TikTok) with digital media creation increasing in nearly every industry.
- Video content helps simplify complex processes/information.
- It’s extremely social media friendly and twice as shareable.
- Videos are exceptionally effective at achieving better SEO.
4. Document Instead Of Creating
Gary Vaynerchuk says it often: If you want to produce more content in less time, start documenting the work you’re already doing.
People would love to see through your eyes when it comes to doing what you excel at. Start recording what you do, how you do it, and what viewers could do to simplify and accomplish their daily tasks faster.
5. Track & Measure Your Results
You should’ve been tracking your metrics a long time ago – especially if you’re in business. Not to worry, you can improve your measurements in 2020.
Set solid goals and plan out the steps you need to take to achieve them.
Let’s say you want to drive 2,000 organic viewers to your website every month. You need to figure out what traffic producers (blog posts, videos, tweets, etc) provide the best long-term results, and how many of those TPs it will take to do hit your target.
Most platforms offer wildly advanced analytics that can teach you when, how, and what to post if you monitor things close enough.