Just because you’re eating clean doesn’t mean you have to leave desserts in your past. Learn how to adjust and tweak your recipes into better, healthier versions. Try these 5 tips to enjoy healthier desserts…
1. Substitute dark chocolate for milk or white chocolate.
SEE ALSO: 50 Quick Healthy Snacks
2. Reduce the amount of sugar in baked recipes.
3. Choose baked whole-grain chips instead of the fried or processed varieties.
Baked whole-grain chips have 114% fewer calories, 50% less fat, and 67% less saturated fat than traditional potato chips. You can take it a step further and make your own baked chips.
4. Add fruit purees to baked recipes to take the place of fat.
Fruit purees won’t be able to completely substitute fat, but they can replace up to about 30%. Making your food a little bit healthier and a little bit tastier.
5. Choose dessert recipes that call for a lot of fruits (or try a vegetable dessert).
Searching for holiday desserts? When googling your new, delicious idea – see if they have a recipe that contains more fruit or vegetables. A fruit salad with nuts is a great dessert. Double chocolate zucchini brownies can also turn out delightful.